Cite 'em if you've got 'em
Posted by Jill—Unnecesarean
I got a request for U.S. statistics and sources on the following items for a project that someone is working on.
- Accuracy of ultrasounds in determining due dates
- Percentage of women that give birth on their backs
- Percentage that have IV’s
- Fetal monitors
- Epidurals/pain relief
- Pitocin – during/after
- c-section – rate – 32.3, cost compared to vaginal delivery, european rate
- immediate cord clamping
- separation of mother/baby after birth
If you can think of a source and have the time to link it up, it would be appreciated.
By the way, who knows anyone that’s had an enema in the hospital in recent years? The only enemas I ever hear about are “Triple H” enemas occasionally recommended by some midwives. I don’t know anyone who’s been shaved in recent years, either.